We are committed to keeping you and our team safe during these unprecedented times. We are taking many additional steps to ensure you may enjoy our property and our facilities in a clean and safe environment.
Travel Information: COVID-19 Update
Travel Information: COVID-19 Update
Given current concerns over the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we anticipate that you may have questions about what we are doing on a daily basis to comply with directives provided by local, national, and world health agencies.
Please rest assured, there is no issue more important to us than the health and wellbeing of our guests, employees, and community. We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
The health authorities tell us that, to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, we must: wash hands frequently, heighten cleaning practices, avoid contact with sick people, stay away from work when ill, and not travel to areas with high infection rates.
Specifically, this is what we are doing:
Heightened Awareness and Monitoring:
We are modifying some of our hotel services and adding extra precautions to protect our guests and staff, including:
- We are not offering “stay-over” housekeeping services to limit contact between guests and employees.
- We ask that all guests wear a face covering or mask while in public indoor areas including the Lobby, Breakfast Room, hallways, elevators, etc.
- The pool is open with a limited capacity of 40 people at a time in the pool area and safe distancing of 6-feet or more on the pool deck and in the pool between groups of guests.
- The hot tub is closed, per San Luis Obispo County Health Department COVID-19 ordinance.
- We are asking that breakfast items be taken back to your room or enjoyed on a terrace at least 6-feet away from other guests. We are limiting the number of guests in the breakfast room at one time, thank you for your patience.
- We are encouraging guests who are ill to seek medical attention and to avoid public exposure as much as possible.
- If an employee appears to be suffering from flu-like symptoms, they will be asked to promptly seek medical attention and to remain at home until they are free of symptoms.
Commitment to Cleanliness:
To protect guests and staff and prevent the spread of illness, we employ rigorous sanitation standards and robust cleaning procedures, including:
- Extensive training for staff.
- Hospital-grade sanitation products.
- Defined cycles for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas throughout the day including all public spaces, luggage carts, and furniture.
- Physical distancing of guests and most staff, during stay and post-stay.
- Modified complimentary breakfast with to-go items and single-use items.
Check-in Time: Please note that due to extra cleaning procedures, our regular guaranteed check-in time of 4:00 pm may be extended at any time and without prior notice. We thank you for your patience as we ensure all of the guest rooms are cleaned to the highest standard during this time.
Cancellation Policy: We are allowing guests with hotel reservations outside of 48 hours to cancel without penalty. For guests with hotel reservations within 48 hours, we will credit the full amount of the stay towards a future stay within 12 months. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
We continue to monitor and analyze the directives provided by local, national, and world health agencies on a daily basis and are committed to implementing recommendations from the health authorities to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests, employees, business partners, and community at large.
Customers should review government guidance to confirm eligibility to travel & stay at the hotel. Reservations will not be honored where prohibited. For the most updated information on Pismo Beach please refer to http://pismobeach.org/938/CovidResponse.
For the most updated information on San Luis Obispo County please refer to https://www.emergencyslo.org/en/covid19.aspx.
For the most updated information on the Coronavirus, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at www.cdc.gov or contact your local health authority.
The Inn at the Cove has been awarded Clean + Safe Certification from the California Hotel & Lodging Association.